Wall paint containing fungicide?

Hi, Can anyone recommend an emulsion paint that contains a fungicide. I need it for painting a wall with a slight rising damp issue. When I have used ordinary emulsion paint in the past, mildew tends to appear after a few months. This is what I want to avoid.

Alternatively, has anyone had successful results by adding your own fungicide to ordinary emulsion paint?

Thank you,

Mike

Reply to
Mike

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Mike saying something like:

I've tried it by adding a squirt of bleach to emulsion - it seemed to work, but I didn't do a control wall without it. This was in a room which had been damp but has been dry since, so maybe it wasn't much use anyway.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Try washing the wall down with a fungicidal wash a couple of times before painting. You could use a kitchen & bathroom paint - some brands have added film preserver (normally a substance called OIT, phone the manufacturer & ask). Masonry paints also contain preservers, so they can survive outside.You can even get them mixed up to the colour you want at the Dulux mixing desk - make sure you get the "smooth" version!

diypaint

The bathroom and kitchen paint that you find in B&Q and the like claim to have it.

Reply to
JoeJoe

lime paint doesnt grow mould nearly as much as emulsion. Its just

50/50 lime putty & water.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

that asprin would prevent mould.... Now I'm wondering if taking asprin kills off one's 'friendly' digestive bacteria!

Never heard of that before either...

Thanks, and thanks to all other respondees. Looks like buying the bathroom paint from B&Q may be the easy solution.

Mike

Reply to
Mike