wall noise insulation

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has any experience regarding improving the noise insulation of a party wall , or know any good companies in the UK. I am trying to reduce door closing sounds rather than music. Regards Pat

Reply to
pat saunders

Is that a party wall between dwellings, or a party wall between two parts of the same dwelling? What is the wall made of?

The main things that reduce sound transmission through any wall is (a) airtightness and (b) weight. After that, adding sound-absorbent material also helps to a lesser extent.

So, if it is studwork, fill the cavity with something heavy - like sand or concrete. If it is solid brick or blockwork, one thing you might sonsider is covering the wall in bookshelves and fill the shelves with books.

HTH

Frank

Reply to
Frank Watson