Wall mounting lcd tv

we've recently purchaced an lcd tv and eventually want it wall mounted, this has got me thinking, the power supply and coax arn't a problem as these can be chased into the wall but what about the scart leads? Also the sky receiver can go in another room but what about the vcr and dvd? i would be greatfull for any sugestions or experiences of the best way to conceal the 'workings' when wall mounting a tv

Reply to
andrewd909

Don't bother with the co-ax. Just use the TV as a monitor and run a single S-Video (if supported by the DVD/STB) or SCART (more likely) to where the boxes are. Use an AV amplifier to switch the video signals and don't bother using the pathetic speakers likely to be installed in the TV.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I know you can get wired repeaters for infrared remote controls - very handy if your Sky/ DVD boxe are located out of the way, and out of the line of sight from the sofa.

Not sure of who makes them, but a search should do the trick. In fact, I'm sure there are wired versions too.

Reply to
Rich

Be careful how HIGH you mount the monitor. It might look and feel fine for ten minutes of the News but your neck might start aching during a

90 minute film. The eyes/head like to look slightly down. Try it first with a computer monitor on a desk or table and you sitting in a low couch or on the floor.

Chris.

Reply to
mcbrien410

Yes, whilst many people dream of putting one above the fireplace like a mirror, such a solution is ergonmically disasterous and will result in serious chiropractic bills.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Unless you only watch it from a semi-reclined La-Z-Boy :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

You can buy SCART cable by the metre from Maplin, etc. And chassis mounted SCART sockets that can be mounted into a blank plate of your choice to match the other sockets, etc. And this will fit into a standard 35mm backing box. Obviously the cable has to be stripped and soldered - but this is nothing like as difficult as it may sound if you haven't done it before. Then having got the confidence you can make up some SCART leads of exactly the right length to go from the socket to the TV. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)