Wall Drying/Curing for Boiler Hanging

Hi all

Sorry if subject is not clear. I am having a boiler replaced and wondered how quickly the original flue duct for balanced flue unit can be bricked up, replastered ready for new condensing boiler hanging (flue for new unit will go through ceiling void and out another wall). Does the brickwork have to be left exposed for a period or will the mortar dry through plaster? How long before boiler can be hung on new wall etc?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Personally, I'd let it dry out for two weeks before hanging the new boiler.

Shokka

Reply to
Shokka

Personally, I'd let it dry out for two weeks before hanging the new boiler.

Shokka

Reply to
Shokka

Personally, I'd let it dry out for two weeks before hanging the new boiler.

Shokka

Reply to
Shokka

Will the new boiler be hung on the new brickwork? Usually the new boiler's fixings are either below or to the sides of the old boiler's flue opening, in which case you can probably fit the new boiler as soon as the old hole is filled. (I'd use one-coat plaster for patching the old hole.) Ideally you'd arrange to make good the hole then get on with something else before hanging the new boiler (maybe after lunch or next day) if only to avoid disturbing wet plaster. If the new boiler's supports do have to go into the new brickwork I'd definitely leave it until the next day for the mortar to set.

Reply to
John Stumbles

| |TheScullster wrote: | |> Hi all |>

|> Sorry if subject is not clear. |> I am having a boiler replaced and wondered how quickly the original flue |> duct for balanced flue unit can be bricked up, replastered ready for new |> condensing boiler hanging (flue for new unit will go through ceiling void |> and out another wall). |> Does the brickwork have to be left exposed for a period or will the mortar |> dry through plaster? |> How long before boiler can be hung on new wall etc? | |Personally, I'd let it dry out for two weeks before hanging the new |boiler.

Two weeks, times three, is IMO a bit long.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

"John Stumbles" wrote

I would think that one side of the fixing bracket at least will be onto the new plaster/brick work.

Will the mortar set strong enough with a layer of plaster on top in the space of a day?

Thanks John

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

"Shokka" wrote

I have plumbers doing the central heating upgrade, so this would cause scheduling problems. Taken forever to find a plumber to take the job on, so prefer to make life easy at the outset.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster