Volt sticks+

It did come with one!

Reply to
ARW

I have a voltstick that not only glows but also beeps. Sometimes useful for an audible indication around a corner, i.e. flipping breakers while listening for the beep in another room.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

Are voltsticks any better at accurately determining the position of live cables in a wall, in PVC conduit, than standard pipe/live cable detectors? I have a B&D BDS200 and I'm not impressed by it

and I'm looking for something more precise.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Ta for that.

In my defence I did look at the manual which doesn't mention it. And the pictures on their website show the other leads which come with every other tracer they make

Robin

A quick, simple check is to bare your arm and rub the volt stick lightly on it. The stick should light up.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

They are no use what so ever in locating a cable in a wall.

Reply to
ARW

Actually I got the

ie a FFCB200 and a DCF200 sold together.

Paid £220 for the pair. And it is a pair. It's two identical carry cases[1] with different kit in each case.

So to add to your defence I was expecting just the one case with all the bits in it after looking at the photos.

[1] The cases need some sort of identification so I know which is which, and I am sure the Scouts do a sewing badge............
Reply to
ARW

Thanks. Saved me finding out the hard way.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

A funny colour of gloss paint. Dunk everything in it to discourage tealeafs .

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr