Vokera Maxin 24e

Hi

I have (or a friend has) a problem that I hope one of you knowledgeable folk will be able to help with. Mate has one of the above boilers installed in his bungalow with an additional 12L expansion vessel because the shape of the bungalow means there is a lot of pipe work. 12L is probably overkill though.

The water pressure keeps dropping in the boiler like once every 48 hours to near zero. We can find no external leaks anywhere and both the expansion vessel in the boiler and the additional one do not have failed diaphragms, air and no water comes out the Schrader valve.

The pressure relief valve is not leaking.

The only thing I could think of was that somehow primary circuit water was leaking into the DHW circuit but I am told that really is very unlikely, it's not getting into the CW main either because we disconnected it.

Any one got any ideas of what else it may be?

Cheers

A.

Reply to
andy

See (Sealed CH) FAQ.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Thanks Ed. Turned out to be a leaking main heat exchanger and the reason we saw no water was because it collected in a tray under the burner and then evaporated when the boiler lit! Had the leak been a lot worse I suspect we would have found it sooner.

A.

Reply to
andy