Vintage Evershed & Vignoles Ltd London 250 Volt Megger on BHF website

“Untested as this item does not have a power supply present. This item may not work correctly and could incur extra cost in repairs, please bid accordingly.”

Hmm. It looks like it has a hand-crank :-)

Reply to
Andrew

It has, it folds into the side. I have one somewhere in the loft. Not much to go wrong, so long as it hasn't been opened up or been in water. Good for giving electric shocks.

Reply to
jon

on 25/05/2022, Andrew supposed :

It's an ex-Post Office Telephones 250v item. Likely the seller would not know how to test it.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

... and not much practical use for electrical installation testing (where 500V testing will be needed as a minimum)

Reply to
John Rumm

I've got an ancient hand-cranked Robin I&C tester, it only has 500V or 1,000V ranges, handy once in a blue moon for testing suspect elements. I didn't realise that KewTech was started by ex-Robin people after Fluke bought Robin.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Neither did I to be fair. Still that is how many new tech companies seem to come about.

Reply to
John Rumm

It won't do for PAT, EICR tests, but can still find faulty insulation in most cases. And presumably test caps in valve equipment. And to some extent transistors, diodes etc. More voltages would be more useful.

Reply to
Animal

Animal submitted this idea :

Nope, none of those things.