Vinegar in plastic bottles ?

Well one of mine ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Yes, but that is the Coke leaving something behind in the plastic. Not something in the original plastic getting into your vinegar, or whatever.

Reply to
newshound

No argument with you there on any of your points.

The stuff in the tetrapacks was absolutely not the best Malbec though.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

I agree as regards a traditional Cahors but I don't think a decent /Argentinian/ Malbec would come as a shock to most drinkers of other red wines.

Reply to
Robin

But glass is much heavier than plastic so you have to factor in the extra transport costs, which occur twice, once when the glass container is made and transported empty to the food factory, and then from food factory to your local supermarket shelf.

Plastic OTOH can be formed as part-blown cylinders about the size of those Sparklet CO2 containers, and at the the food factory they are formed into the full size container immediately before filling.

Reply to
Andrew