Very short Acrow props or what?

Many thanks.

Reply to
Robin

Trench struts are the same but shorter too late now ?

Reply to
bobrushton35

Just a little - but luckily the same answer was given in 2012 by Tony Bryer

Robin

Yes bet the floor is on the ground after several years, or its been turned into a trampoline or a skate board park. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Pile of bricks/concrete blocks and wooden wedges.

Reply to
harry

I imagine that after four and a half years, the floor has either collapsed or is now well supported!

Reply to
Chris Hogg

TRENCH STRUTS. Try these Guys.

YouTube

Car jacks. Cheap to buy from a breakers yard.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Cheap from anywhere!

However the original posting was back in 2012 so I suspect his floor has sagged its last by now.

Reply to
Chris Green

They do adjustable props for computer room floors ... to allow cabling space - they may suit

Reply to
rick

Oi! You suggesting I can't do delays >5 years? Just 'cos I did hire some trench struts in 2012 (and hope I won't have to revisit the floor) doesn't mean I couldn't've put the job off till now if I'd wanted to: I've got the knack of delays :) I can do procrastination, dithering and vacillation too :))

Reply to
Robin

ROFL!

I did think the suggestion of car jacks from scrapyards was good, though. I think I have one or two in my stack of "things too useful to throw away" but of course I have never needed to look for them.

Reply to
newshound

The last time we had a skip, I finally threw away the three I've acquired from "Ghod-knows-where". I expect I'll need them now.

I kept my M-I-L's iron for repair so long she died before I could fix it.

Reply to
Huge

Bugger! I missed that:-)

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Like I keep telling STWNFI just because I haven't got around to doing a job it doesn't mean I've forgotten so she doesn't have to keep reminding me every year or so :-)

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

It might be like my kitchen. I've still not fitted the tiles I bought in 1997.

(Which is just as well as I have moved twice since then, so wouldn't have been able to bring them with me, which would have been a shame as I like them.)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

thats funny,