Very dark wood kitchen worktop

What wood would you suggest?

I'd like to have kitchen units and cupboards with pale wood doors (birch or perhaps oak) but also a wood worktop. However, I'm not convinced that wood-on-wood is an entirely pleasing aesthetic, particularly with so much of it, so I wondered whether using a very dark wood worktop for contrast might work better.

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

"D.M. Procida" wrote in message news:1iwdbir.g6dnyt1ubfs2qN% snipped-for-privacy@apple-juice.co.uk...

I've used Iroko, which is a medium brown but goes quite dark when you put Danish oil on it. Iroko is commonly used in classroom science labs etc., so is fit for purpose. I got my timber from a place that supplies to the boat building trade.

mark

Reply to
mark