VERO board & Visio

couple of ccts on the go, breadboarded to point they work now want to convert to veroboard (simply not worth a PCB)

I use VISIO which would seem ideal ... does anybody have any vero / component stencils for VISIO.

A few listed on line .. but no luck actually getting them to download

Reply to
rick

What sort of shapes for Vero do you want? How do you want to use them?

Reply to
Paul Herber

Just looking for basic veroboard strip layout and resistors, capacitors, pots, darlington transistors, and 8pin DIL header at moment Not looking for large format DIL or similar.

Seems that a template set by

was going to be fine ... but this template does not unzip when you download.

Only doing relatively simple ccts .. I could freehand draw them .. just thought there may be some free templates out there.

Came across a few 'free' design packages, but they were last updated for W95 .... won't run on W7

In any event not after a design package .. just a simple layout ... and Visio with its place and move around capability, transparency (& snap if you want) would seem fine.

Reply to
rick

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Have you got Draftsight or whatever that can handle DXF files?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That's simply because it isn't zipped although the suffix suggests it is. Just rename the file or tell Visio to use it as is, it's a PNG file.

Reply to
cl

Only Visio ... but it can import cxf files I think

Reply to
rick

I tried renaming ... it shows then as vero.png but Visio does not see it is I try open from within visio If I look in file explorer it shows it then as visio.zip.png can't seem to get windows to know its not a zip file

Reply to
rick

I had a quick look and it seemed to be just a pic of a folder. JPG is a stupid file to use for that sort of thing anyway.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Worth downloading Draftsight and having a play - it's free, and a proper

2D CAD prog. There are libraries of symbols etc available free too. But easy to make your own and keep in your library.

I only use it where I must have a PC prog - but it handles the industry standard DXF files that my CAD prog uses too.

I've no idea how suitable Visio would be for all this - must admit to never having heard of it. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If that's not working for you, you might want to look at Fritzing.

It will let you design on stripboard or breadboard (but not, frustratingly let you use stripboard as a PCB output option)

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

I had the same problem Dave. I emailed the author but yet to get a reply.

I'll reply here If I make any progress.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I've heard back from the author and he has corrected the file link which had got corrupted in the "upgrade" to W7 Unzip the file to get Vero.vss On my version of visio, there is a folder called solutions which houses all the *.VSS files. If you don't have this folder then just search for

*.vss to find where yours are kept. Add a new folder in there called Vero and place Vero.vss in that new folder. Restart visio and it should appear in the stencils menu. Any problems you can contact the author at snipped-for-privacy@vitalsparks.com

hth

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Its a very capable 2D drafting program ... Visio has been going for a long time ... used it first in mid 90's when it was a standalone company - much used in Telecomms as standard symbols for all the manufacturers products ... you could add cards to racks etc. Also used a lot for office layouts, flowcharts, org charts etc.

Visio bought by Microsoft in 2000

Reply to
rick

He has now loaded updated file