Velcro for drain unclogging?

"The Flexisnake is like a plumbing snake, except it has a piece of Velcro at the end to pull hair out of a sink drain. Hair is leading cause of clogged drains in bathroom sinks, so it stands to reason that Velcro can be used to clear out clogged drains."
http://www.strangenewproducts.com/2006/12/velcro-snake-to-clear-clogged-drains.html http://www.flexisnake.com
Or this is uk.d-i-y after all...
snipped-for-privacy@codesmiths.com wrote:

http://www.strangenewproducts.com/2006/12/velcro-snake-to-clear-clogged-drains.html
Hmmmm. Caustic soda & a flexible spring still get my vote....
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
The Medway Handyman wrote:

An inflexible spring sounds like the sort if item you'd send an apprentice to fetch from the stores ;-)
Andy Burns wrote:

wouldn't that tak a long weight ?
jethro snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

You could pass the time by watching the tartan paint dry.........
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
The Medway Handyman wrote:

No, no, long stands and eddy current cakes are the most sought after.
--
Please do not reply to the
email address as all post

I beg to differ. They are some of the most sought after items, including 'a box of dial tones' for the new phone line which you have just installed.

Along with; Compass Bearings; Relative Bearings, Elbow Grease; .... .
--

Brian