Vacuum for Ashes

hi Is there a specific vacuum cleaner made for cleaning up ashes which could be hot? It is for ashes from a wood burning stove and they could be very fine. Have thought of keeping the vac outside and using a hose through the window to avoid dust passing through.

Any thoughts? Peter

Reply to
J Rogers

Might be worth asking at the local crematorium?

PoP

Reply to
PoP

I think vacuming hot ashes is not a good idea, wait for them to cool or use a real hearth brush and shovel.

On our open fire (burning wood only) I use the good ole Earlex (the one with power take off) no real problem with pass through but then it does have a decent paper filter. The one without power take off doesn't come with a good filter but I think you can get one.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

We had maid service at Centerparcs. They vacuumed the ashes up, and the air rushing through set it all off again and set fire to the vacuum cleaner. They were very calm about it and just unplugged it and took it outside. Apparently this happens all the time.

HTH

Reply to
GB