Using two sets of cordless phones on one line

No reason at all as long as you have a second socket to plug base unit into.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

That only really applies to old fashioned bell etc phones rang directly by the ringing volts on the line. A cordless phone must obviously use a different arrangement to ring.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And ensure Answerphone is off on one of them, I suppose.

Reply to
Maurice

Brilliant. Thank you.

Reply to
News

replying to Martin Brown, Montani42 wrote: Many Panasonic phone systems have phones that are not compatible with a different Panasonic model base.

Reply to
Montani42

He asked in 2013. Use a saner portal to this newsgroup than the one you're using now. The access page you're using is a pita for everyone.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

posted on December 5, 2013, 9:32 pm Probably a daft question, but is there any reason not to use two sets of cordless phones on one phone line? We used to have two phone lines (home and business), but now have just the one. Both had cordless phones, so we now have a spare set of cordless phones. I realise a call could not be transferred from a phone on one set to a phone on the other set, but, other than that, any reason not to use both sets on one line? No possible interference issues?

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I can only speak for my Gigaset ones that did the same, and I failed to repair. The fault was in the DC-DC converter that converted battery voltage to a more constant value for the phone. These become steadily less efficient and the phone interprets this as a falling battery voltage even when the latter are fully charged. I am afraid that I got as far as finding out it was *not* the large electrolytics at fault, but I never got to the next step of replacing the mosfet. It might of course have been yet a third component, perhaps an IC.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

No. I've got 5 - all different makes - here.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , Brian Gaff writes

Oh! That was me! Well, somewhere I have kept the useful instructions about how to make two different sets work together, but have not done anything about it, because it has not proved necessary. Very briefly, the two sets work together, although it is not possible to transfer a call from one set to the other, but it is possible to listen in on a call on one set using a phone from the other set. We don't find that a problem, but others may do so.

Reply to
Graeme

The obvious (?) way to go, assuming they are DECT phones, is to only plug one base station into the line and pair all phones with the other base station.

You don't really want two answering machines both trying to answer the same call.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David