Using green/yellow as switched live

Perhaps the wiring centre should go nearer the zone valves?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

You are correct Mike. It would be 7 core doing it your way on the S plan. My apologies.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

No demand, everyone bodges.

Can't get the cable so had to bodge.

Reply to
Paul Matthews

The wiring centre at the cylinder end is within a foot or so of the diverter valve and cylinder thermostat - I couldn't really get it any closer nor would it serve any purpose. From there I ran a 5 core and cpc cable to another wiring centre adjacent to the boiler - around a

20 metre run.

There is a 3 core from a switched fused spur connected to the boiler wiring centre. From the boiler the L, N, Ls, Ns, and Lr, and earth run in a short length of 5 core + cpc to the boiler wiring centre.

From the boiler wiring centre there is a 5 core + cpc to the hot water timer and the wireless stat "head end" located in the main living area, the boiler being remotely located in an outhouse. This gives a local indication that the boiler should be firing, it also removes any possibility of the wireless stat not working due to the 18 inch thick stone walls and foil vapour barriers. The cores in this last run were allocated as live, neutral, cpc, hot water on , hot water off, and heating demand.

With only 5 cores and a cpc running from the bottom to the top of the house I only connected to six of the ten terminals in the wiring centre but what is terminated on a specific terminal in one wiring centre is presented in an identical manner in the other one - I followed the Honeywell standard layouts to the letter.

All wiring from the motorised valve uses the standard flex supplied and terminated directly into the cylinder wiring centre. The cylinder stat (double insulated so no earth required) uses a 3 core terminated into the same wiring centre - the green yellow being sleeved and used for the NC contact - going back to the original subject of this thread!

With the floors not fully laid upstairs and suitable access holes predrilled and sleeved with conduit I (almost single handed) installed, tested and commissioned the entire CH wiring in each property from start to finish in half a day. When deciphering the ratsnest left at my parents place by a "pro" I spent longer than that sorting out a wiring diagram with multiple unlabelled T&E's, a wiring centre packed to the lid with overlong cores and a timer controller placed in such a crazy position only a contortionist with a flexible neck and a very small body could read the LCD display.

Reply to
Mike