Using a kitchen cupboard door inside panel as a white board?

I've now got a mental image of somebody wandering around the supermarket trying to juggle an A0 flipchart sheet with their shopping list on...

Reply to
Adrian

Glad to see I'm not the only one then. I upload them to Evernote so I can get them on the PC as well, not to mention tag and search for them.

Matt

Reply to
matthelliwell

"glass markers", so I guess why not.

So lets not use those then, clearly the wrong thing. Anyone really think that's what TNP meant here?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Nothing like whiteboard pens FFS.

Where are the rest of your "quite a few"?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Yup. Never let the truth interfere with a good story :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

'dry' means 'solvent based' rather than 'water based' but that doesn't tell you if once the solvent has gone, what's left is a powdery wipable pigment, or a hard set resin that is ineradicable.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

yes, that was exactly what I meant.

After many years in an odffice that used two types of 'dry marker' - one for whiteboards and one for parcels and (moderately intelligent) people were forever grabbing the wrong one out of the stationary cupboard..and permanently wrecking the whiteboards.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

To me dry was always 'fast drying' i.e. solvent based or 'dry' as in not wet=not water based.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I've worked with some monumentally stupid people over the years, but I've never seen anyone take a Chinagraph to a whiteboard.

Nor have I yet seen a "permanently wrecked" whiteboard that didn't respond to xylene or cyclohexane.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

It got most of it off, but it was permanently stained.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have seen chinagraph on a whiteboard.. it wipes off but can leave it waxy.

Everyone I know calls whiteboard pens dry wipe markers BTW.. you can wipe them off using a dry wiper.

Reply to
dennis

Ha. A new whiteboard: "Oi, don't use that sponge, there's a special wiper thing for it. I'll get it, OK?"

Two minutes later, it had been "cleaned" with the Scotch-Brite side of a sponge.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

Indeed. All our meeting rooms are equipped with a bottle for when someone uses a flipchart marker on the whiteboard.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Nothing to add.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Nah. What he needs is an iPhone app that will photograph the door, do a character recognition of what is written to produce a list, parse said list and query the website of each local supermarket. Then tell the OP where to go to get the best price for the whole basket. Then as the OP shops he photographs the bar code on each product as he puts it in the basket and crosses it off the list. Simples.

Reply to
Andrew May

Off you go... :o)

Reply to