Upgrading childs electric bike - part 2

Hi all,

Well, I took the plunge and stuck a 12v 7.2Ah battery in there and so far the motor is still working. The only problem now is that it tends to wheel spin a lot. The problem appears to be with the lack of grip on the driven wheel (only the rear right side is driven). It is plastic with the center section slightly raised with very small groves cut out for grip. The groves have pretty much been worn out.

I had thought about a car fan belt, reversed so the toothed part is facing outwards, cut to size and glued to the wheel. What kind of glue ?

Anyone have any other ideas on how to add more grip to the wheel ?

Alan

Reply to
Alan Campbell

Nothing will hold that on for long.

Replace both the rear wheels with ones with tread on them? Mose sheds sell a selection of solid rubber and pneumatic wheels.

Reply to
Grunff