Unwelcomed panel fence

I wouldn't plant any ivy anywhere. It's too darnn vigorous. I keep having to pull it out of the lawn where it spreads.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

+1
Reply to
S Viemeister

I wouldn't plant any ivy anywhere. It's too darnn vigorous. I keep having to pull it out of the lawn where it spreads.

==================

True, but I guess it depends on how much/fast you want cover.

Reply to
Ophelia

Variagated ivy are much less vigorous. (Surprised it survives mowing though.)

Reply to
Martin Bonner

Variagated forms are nothing like as vigourous. But if they revert to all green then watch out!

Reply to
Martin Brown

I'm sure a chav will think his own garden would be "nice"!

Putting "plastic butterfly and Ladybird things from the Pound shop" on a fence is very "chav" like, the sort of thing I would expect on a council estate, as well as cats disappearing when chavs don't like them in their own garden.

Not all council houses are hovels, some are very nice.

Reply to
Fredxxx
    • R
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Thank you for your expert contribution. Could that possible be due to the absence of cats?

Reply to
Ri©ardo

It sends runners out into the grass. They're actually under the lawn surface; the leaves poke up. Bits of leaves get mowed off, but it doesn't seem to stop it.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Mr Pounder, in an earlier post, attributed his neighbour's lack of cats to his actions. Or certainly trying as hard as he could to imply this on the 27th January of this year. I was convinced there are more recent statements made by Mr Pounder along a similar line but a quick search and google groups got in the way.

Reply to
Fredxxx

But Mr Pounder (Esquire) isn't necessarily on the same planet as the rest of us, is he?

:-)

Reply to
Ri©ardo

Esquire my arse.

Reply to
ARW

Ivy's OK if you keep it strictly in check. If you don't, it can wreck a panel fence.

Keep it well-pruned, and pull up any spreading roots (usually easy, as these are normally very shallow). The occasional selective puff of Weedol spray doesn't come amiss.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Is that a request?

If so, what's involved exactly?

Reply to
Norman Wells

It's not me that is pouncing around using the title esquire.

Reply to
ARW

That would be a strange thing to do indeed.

Reply to
Norman Wells

So ask Steve Pounder why he does just that.

Reply to
ARW

AIUI, "Esquire" and "Mr." shouldn't be used together - one or t'other but not both and not at the same time also and as well.

Reply to
PeterC

Maybe he is an estate agent. In USA I believe estate agents call themselves Mr *** Esquire.

Reply to
Ophelia

Trust me, he is not an estate agent.

Reply to