Unstable Salus

My recently upgraded central heating is controlled by a Salus programmable wireless thermostat. It seems to work well despite being tiresome to programme as it has too many on/off periods pre set.

Its biggest fault is the angle at which it stands up. Its just too vertical so that the slightest touch sends it tumbling.

This I have now fixed (DIY content) by using two pieces of self setting rubbery stuff I was given, its even white so matches the body of the Salus unit as if made to be there:-)

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

The Salus is a pain to program- I fitted one for my eldest. It works well enough but the programming seems very awkward.

Didn?t yours come with a wall bracket?

Reply to
Brian Reay

Muddymike has brought this to us :

For similar problems, I find using one of those cheap plastic, hinged display stands for plates work well. For wider items, I find them still useful, by breaking them at the hinge and spacing them apart with tube, threaded rod and nuts. The cost a £1 for several different sizes in pound shops.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

I have a door intercom charger like that, one touch and it falls over and disconnects. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

That /is/ a problem, but I find more of a nuisance is that it is difficult to pick up without touching a button that you are not supposed to!

Reply to
Jeff Layman

I agree, Ive often accidentally set mine to frost protection or permanently on just by picking it up!!!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike