Uniross battery charger - seeking foreign mains adapter

I have a Uniross Sprint 90 AA battery charger. I use it quite a lot
overseas, using a conventional foreign->UK adapter but those things are
always a PITA, especially as they are bulky, the pins never grip very
well, and the weight of a loaded charger is often enough for them to
just fall out.
However the mains plug-in bit on this charger is readily removable,
obviously to enable Uniross to sell the same product in many markets -
you often see the same thing with wallwarts for mobile phones etc these
days - mine came with a full complement of adapters which I can swap
over in other countries. Unfortunately however the Sprint charger
doesn't provide them.
See:
Anyone got any bright ideas as to where I could get hold of a US and
European version of the plug-in bit? I tried emailing Uniross - to
their credit they actually replied, but were totally unhelpful.
There has to be a better way than buying a whole new unit in the US and
just dumping the charger part!
David
Reply to
Lobster
Use a short extension cable to separate the charger from the wall socket.
If you make up the extension cable with a foreign plug and UK socket on, it can replace the conventional adapter and be useful for other things too, especially when hotel bedrooms have one socket in inconvenient places.
Owain
Reply to
Owain

Site Timeline Threads