Understanding the Teen Brain

You did not teach English then?

Reply to
ARW

Actually it was for taking part in a fight and some windows got broken.

Reply to
ARW

Interesting wording.

Reply to
Brian Reay

English words?

Reply to
ARW

The beauty of the passive voice. "Windows were broken" rather than "I broke the windows" (or whoever did).

Reply to
Max Demian

It hasn't been taught at all for the last 30 years at least. No doubt squeezed out of the syllabus by one indoctrination initiative after another.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Funny how people phrase things, isn't it ;-)

Reply to
Brian Reay

Who broke the windows? (actually is was a patio door)

The person thrown though the doors in the fight or the person that threw them?

I can remember my Dad going ballistic at Manchester Airport when he picked me up and starting another fight. He was OK with what I had done.

Reply to
ARW

or the installer or teh company that made hem as I though patio doors should be able to cope with someone falling on them, things like safety glass. if someone threw another person at the glass in the shard would it break and the person fall to the window ?

Reply to
whisky-dave