Ultraheat Compact 4 radiators?

Hi,

Does anyone have experiance of Ultraheat Compact 4 radiators, are they good, bad or indifferent?

I'm looking for some 900mm high radiators and they are one of the few makes I've found on line in that height.

Thanks, BraileTrail

Reply to
BraileTrail

good from me, but not in a typical situation,

i used them in my motorhome when i put in wet central heating, so have some of the smaller ones (200 and 300mm wide, 400 tall and so on)

fed by an eberspacher 5 kw diesel boiler, running at 85*C, they heat the living area up fast and give out loads of heat for a good while after the pump turns off.

pretty well made too as they have had no problems being hung on the standard brackets that come with them, with just a self tapper put thru the top to stop them poping off the brackets, as they get bounced around quite a bit as i drive down out lovely smooth roads... not, mind the belgian roads were worse, and again no leaks, cracks or owt.

Reply to
Gazz

I don't know about the Compact 4, but we have three of the Compact 6 triple panel radiators and they are extremely good both in terms of build quality and heat output.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Yes, I have used the Ultraheat Compact 4 and Ultraheat Compact 6, and they're all fine, actually really nice quality. The wide range of sizes and triple panel ones was the main reason. Also, they were manufactured just up the road, and the plumbers merchant could get any size next day (or same day if ordered early enough). Sometimes if you order a compact 4, you get a compact 6 (an extra pair of bottom-feed connections). If I'd realised the compact 6's cost no more, I would actually have ordered all compact 6's.

I would caution that the external white finish is not waterproof, so if you use one in a bath/shower room where it will get condensation on it in the summer, the coating will start failing after 10 years. However, this is true of just about all radiators (many go much quicker). I prefer not to paint radiators if possible, but I would suggest painting a bathroom one, at least the bottom edges. I've had no leaks in ten years though, and they all still look brand new (even the bathroom one).

It's just a shame their website is such a pile of crap - it always has been. If you can get a leaflet from a plumber's merchant, that's actually very useful.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks for all the responses, think I'll go with the Ultraheat radiators.

BraileTrail

Reply to
BraileTrail

Shop around carefully. I found that the cheapest supplier charged half the price of the most expensive supplier.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Well worth doing. I was quoted ~£190 for a rad. + VAT + delivery by a local place. Orderd on-line for ~£92 Inc. and the rad. was delivered from the local place that gave the quote!

Reply to
PeterC