UK wide car delivery - FREE

The obvious markets would be work for the hire companies returning cars to the high demand starting points (airports etc), and importers / traders moving stock about.

Reply to
John Rumm

I know someone who works for companies that do this. He's in his 60s and a Justice of the Peace too. They effectively get bundled into a minibus and taken to Gloucester/Essex/etc, given keys and left to find their own way home.

Reply to
Scott M

I worked for a car-rental company for a while between 'proper jobs' some years ago. Mostly delivering to or collecting from customers within a few miles of the branch. Also occasionally transferring a particular in-demand car from one branch to another, but most of the interbranch stock rebalancing is in bulk on transporters.

Reply to
djc

On 18 Apr 2014, stuart noble grunted:

Don't know if it still happens but yep I did that too, in the summer of '81: after 6 weeks BUNACAMP (working in a kid's summer camp) we drove from New York to LA. Certainly one of my top 10 life experiences

Reply to
Lobster

Trouble is the whole activity sounds like a business, even if you're only doing it as a pastime.

Reply to
Fredxxx

I do lots of things as a simple no cost favour.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

In return for a drink or a favour back.

But here, realistically, you looking for 50 quid plus train fare plus two restaurant (take away) meals.

No-one is going to be looking for this sort of deal to go ten miles, the distance (and hence the overheads) are going to be significant for anyone to need such a service

tim

Reply to
tim.....