Twist 'n lock fixing

I am having trouble getting the above type of sucker fitting to remain fixed to a perfectly clean tile. Is there a trick?

Reply to
Jim S

Only one I know is to take them back for a refund cos they don't work for more than a few weeks at best and then buy something that glues or screws to the wall.

Reply to
Invisible Man

I have quite a few of these and they cheerfully hold hand towels and support the shelves in my shower. They generally hold fast for between 3 and 6 months before having to be re-attached.

I wipe the tile and then slightly moisten the sucker. Then it is just a case of holding it completely still while doing up the screw. They generally hold fast for between 3 and 6 months before it is worth taking the trouble to remove, wipe and replace them.

The only other thing is that the tile needs to have a smooth finish.

Reply to
Yellow

LOL! And I should learn to proof read. :-)

Reply to
Yellow