Tumble Dryer Vent Locations

Obscure question, but I'll bet someone here can answer it... :o)
Our old tumble-dryer is fading, and I'm pondering replacement options. One key factor is that it vents from the bottom of the rear panel, approx centrally. I don't want to buy a new one and then find it vents at top left or whatever.
So does anyone (kitchen fitters maybe?) know of a source for dryer outlet dimensions? Anything to avoid walking round Comet with a notepad, fending off commission-hungry yellowshirts...
TIA!
Steve Walker wrote:

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Clothes_Dryer
NT
snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote:

Thanks. That's an interesting idea, but I think I'll stick with the trad revolving dryer.
Any suggestions re air vent location would still be appreciated, friends.

You can get shape change adapters for the vent ducts, so the machine can still be pushed right back without the hose getting in the way. A round to flat rectangular box shape will fit dryers with the outlet anywhere on the back side or front, and still allow the round the flexible duct to be put out the hole in the wall.
Something like this http://www.espares.co.uk/product.aspx?ma 6&idu9269&WT.mc_id=gb00001&CAWELAID3042992 Would do the job.
BigWallop wrote:

http://www.espares.co.uk/product.aspx?ma 6&idu9269&WT.mc_id=gb00001&CAWELAID3042992
Ah, that would do it - and 20 isn't unreasonable for a quick, neat solution.
Thanks BW.
Steve Walker wrote:

There are of course exceptions but by far the majority are of a common design in which the vent comes out at the back left as viewed from the front. It's a bit like cars - they mostly all have a wheel in each corner etc. If you think about how you'd design one you'll quickly see that there really aren't very many options.
Calvin wrote:

Many old ones used to have the hose coming out of the door. Ours had a choice of outlets, including front - which was convenient as it was opposite an outside wall, and we trailed the hose across when in use.
Got fed up though, and when it died bought a heat-pump condenser model. Dries the clothes *and* warms the house!
Andy