Tumble Dryer problem

My tumble dryer's started rumbling. Any ideas what might be causing it?

It's pouring with rain and my clothes need drying :-(

Reply to
John Kelly

Sounds like it's lost a "T" and found an "R"!

Roger

Reply to
Roger Mills

Switch it off at the mains and then feel around the space between the drum and the casing of the machine. You should find things that feel like nylon pads which stop the front of the metal drum from rubbing against the metal casing. If these are worn (rough to the touch) or missing, then you'll need to replace them.

Or it could be the back bearing which holds the drum to the back web assembly that is worn out.

Or the belt could just be loose and needs replaced.

Or the motor bearing is loose or worn.

Or you something stuck between the drum and the casing or other internal parts.

Or ??????

Reply to
BigWallop

Groan...

Reply to
John Kelly

Thanks - took it apart as much as I could and couldn't find anything.

Man came this morning. Had a quick feel around and found a lump of fluff stuck inside the mechanism. Bugger. Nice bloke though. He fixed my dishwasher which has had a niggling little problem for the past year and just charged me the basic call out charge He asked me if there was anything else he could look at as I was paying him for an hour anyway. There are some good people out there.

Reply to
John Kelly

Now that's an engineer worth keeping hold of and recommending to friends. Great way to do business.

Maybe a little plug in here for others who might need him would be good.

Reply to
BigWallop