tumble driers - wet or dry?

If a washing machine has a capacity of 6kg of dry clothes, is a tumble drier with the same capacity the weight of the dried clothes or the wet clothes?

Cheers Pete

Reply to
unknown

Usually a tumble will take a full load of washing, unless it'sa washer-dryer when it's only a half load of washing.

If you've got very heavy wet towels you might want to not load the tumble fully.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Thanks Owain. I knew there was something about a drier not being able to take the same amount of clothes that was washed.

Not that I'm particularly looking for a drier at the moment as my bubble-wrap dehumidifier tent + 2 clothes horses dries 2 full loads at the same time.

:¬)

Reply to
unknown

You might want to think about making a airing/drier cupboard. There are some notes in the wiki,

don't use to the most recent version as it's unfortunately become full of inaccurate information.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Ooo that sounds interesting - is it outdoors?

Reply to
Mogga

No, It's in the utillity room by ht e washer.

Reply to
unknown