Tube on exhaust of teenager's car

I thought he was a detective - in partnership with that Randal chap.

Reply to
John

Especially if someone has "valeted" the car with silicone cleaner. :-(

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Looked a bit unwell to me.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Didn't it used to be for open topped cars ? All the young blades nipping about in their sprites and Morgans etal. Copying pilots etc.

Reply to
soup

I had a pair of rabbit's fur gauntlets, inherited from my father, that I wore when driving my MG TC in the late 1960's. Fur backed, and fur lined right to the finger tips. Very warm, and you certainly needed them driving on frosty winter nights, as there was no heating apart from the oily vapours that drifted in from the engine compartment through the gaps in the bulkhead, and it had no side panels, so open to the air on both sides. Great fun!

Reply to
Chris Hogg

I'd guess a flamer kit.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

My only experience of Tokyo is landing there on a Northwest Airlines flight from Detroit, en route to Shanghai. The flight arrived late, and the 'plane stopped way out at the far end of the airfield, and we then got on busses to the terminal. The connecting flight was now past take-off time. Bus stops at terminal, we race up the stairs, find the check-in desk for Shanghai, get boarding clearance, race back down stairs, get on same bus, get taken out to the same 'plane we came in on. Only the flight number, the crew, and our seats, have changed.

Reply to
Davey

I must be leading a very sheltered life. I had to Google flamer kit.

Reply to
News

Maybe unit was a resonator to make it sound like a high powered car. I seem to recall this trick is used on small motorcycles to make them sound bigger and annoy the neighbours? Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Resonation/expansion chambers are needed in two-stroke exhausts to allow the gases to escape properly, improving power. Two-stroke exhaust tuning is a real black art...

Reply to
Adrian

You just aren't as stupid as those that fit them.

Reply to
dennis

Ladetts might also wear a linen helmet for extra snob value

therustyone