TRV Recommendations

About to replace the old/knackered radiators and valves in our house. Anyone got any recommedations/avoids for makes and models?

Thanks,

Andy

Reply to
Andy Kirkland

The Pegler terrier ones that screwfix do seem ok. In theory bi-directional, but quieter on the flow side.

Reply to
John Rumm

"Andy Kirkland" wrote

If you are looking for quality AND style, I have used Drayton TRV4s on two systems without issues/failures (you pay for the quality though!). Obviously the style is a personal choice.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

I'd avoid the shed own brand ones and go for the better known names like Drayton, etc. More expensive but in my experience last longer.

I originally fitted Wicks own brand here and when they started failing after about 5 years weren't of the same design any more and required the pipework to be altered. I fitted ones from Homebase. They too failed and I then - after advice from here - fitted Drayton and they've already lasted longer with no signs of failure. Yet. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , TheScullster writes

Yup, I put TRV4s on the system I installed in the old house, worked fine for the 8 years we were there. Plenty of others here have used them and have good things to say about them.

I need to replace the a lot/all of the old valves on the system here, I think I'm going to use TRV4s again. TBH the cost difference between these and some cheapy one isn't really worth worrying about IMO in th context of the reliability, time factor to install them, and the hassle factor of replacing failed cheapy ones in the future.

Shop around though, there can be quite different prices.

Reply to
chris French

Is that for horizontal or vertical fit ;-)

True for horizontal fit but vertical is perhaps more kid (standing on oopsidentally) proof so that would be flow side.

Reply to
fred

Thanks everyone - looks like TRV4s it is. They even get approval from the interior design department ;)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Kirkland

And there's plenty to be had on Ebay....

Reply to
Justin TIme

I must have ben lucky. When I did my system in 1997, I fitted the ones B&Q were selling at the time. They were cheap. One or two of them are just starting to leak and/or stick, 10 years later. I'm not quite ready to replace them yet.

Duke

Reply to
Duke

These days I fit the Danfoss RAS-C revolvers. Saves worrying about water hammer if they're the 'wrong' way round: you just twist the innards to reverse the flow through the valve. All-plastic heads which may or may not please the eye. About £10 a pop from screwfix.

Reply to
John Stumbles