Trendy decor at The Barbican

Couldn't help noticing last night that in "Europe's premier arts centre" the flooring consists of crosscut 4" x 2" softwood, including the burn marks where the resin has melted on the saw blade. If I laid that in my work room I'd be ashamed. The walls are distressed concrete which look as though someone has tried to demolish them with an sds and given up. And a pint of San Miguel is £7. I knew I should have stayed at home.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

"Trendy" is pushing it a bit - it was done it 1971.

Reply to
martin_pentreath

I haven't need there for some time, but it always struck me that they must have run out of money just after pouring the concrete.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In those days it would have been "groovy"

Reply to
geoff

Was it? Opened in 1982 I thought. The flooring (such as it is) certainly looks newer than that, and I can't see softwood end grain lasting that long in a heavy traffic area.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Sod the bloody wood and concrete thats disgusting!!!!

Reply to
tony sayer

Kind of puts you off ever going back, which doesn't seem like good economics to me. Law of diminishing returns in action.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

I had a very nice pint in a pub at Covent garden .. Fullers London pride for 2-25 the other week:)

Reply to
tony sayer

I just bought 12 x 330ml bottles for £10 in my local garage, thats nearly 7 pints.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

San Miguel or concrete ?

Reply to