Trench heaters

I'm looking for a source of the finned copper pipe heater elements which I want to install in a formed trench/duct located at the base of a french door, I also want the metal grills that can be walked upon which fit over the trench. I seem to remember from a long time ago some firm or other used to sell one metre lengths of the pipe heater and similar lenghths of the metal grills. can anyone help please? Thanks Don

Reply to
Donwill

I'm looking for a source of the finned copper pipe heater elements which I want to install in a formed trench/duct located at the base of a french door, I also want the metal grills that can be walked upon which fit over the trench. I seem to remember from a long time ago some firm or other used to sell one metre lengths of the pipe heater and similar lenghths of the metal grills. can anyone help please? Thanks Don

============================== Do a 'google' for 'skirting heating'. Somebody will probably sell the heating elements without the casings.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Please don't post MIME.

It used to be available under the name Finway, IIRC. A quick google search turned up nothing on the first couple of pages though.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

===================== Are you thinking of 'FinRAD'? That's the brand name for those I used many years ago.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

want to install in a formed trench/duct located at the base of a french door, I also want the metal grills that can be walked upon which fit over the trench. I seem to remember from a long time ago some firm or other used to sell one metre lengths of the pipe heater and similar lenghths of the metal grills. can anyone help please?

Please post in txt not html. Low loading heaters also contain an element like you describe. Theyre used where coats may be hung, and for preventing freezing of outdoor bogs etc.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Don't repost the HTML please.

Reply to
gort

Yes, I've been googling all morning without much success, sorry about the MIME it came back from repair last night, didn't realise I was doing it. Sorry all. Hope it's OK now, please advise if not so. Cheers Don

Reply to
Donwill

======================

Don't indulge in nit-picking, please.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

The message from "Cicero" contains these words:

It's not nitpicking. Many of us use text-only browsers - html posts are for most purposes unreadable.

Reply to
Guy King

============================== If you see any evidence of deliberate abuse then you have cause for complaint. To comment on a single, inadvertent mistake caused by a previous poster's equally trivial and honest mistake is quite pointless.

At least my reply provided some relevant information for the OP.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

For the grating you could use drive drain covers. About 4" wide and sold in lengths.

Reply to
John

Thanks for that, it's a good idea. Cheers Don

Reply to
Donwill

want to install in a formed trench/duct located at the base of a french door, I also want the metal grills that can be walked upon which fit over the trench. I seem to remember from a long time ago some firm or other used to sell one metre lengths of the pipe heater and similar lenghths of the metal grills. can anyone help please?

Screwfix sell 2" tube heaters, 120w and 180w.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Tony Bryer

"

> --

Regards Don

Reply to
Donwill

No, it was water heated units I wanted, but thanks anyway Regards Don

Reply to
Donwill