Treated Bearer 4 Garden Shed Query?

Hello,

I am having a shed delivered and built this week-end. I have already done the prep work (i.e sand/cement base and then flags on top). I wanted to put some bearers on top of the flags and then the shed. However, I seem unable to find somewhere I can buy treted bearers. I went to B&Q where and the assistent recommended i use decking wood. Can anybody avises as to where I can get treated bearers from or suggest alternatives?

Many thanks.

Reply to
istyle_1

Are you sure the shed doesn't come with them?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Hi Christian,

Many thanks for your reply. I believe that the shed do come with some, but don't think they are high enough. I just wanted to give the shed a bit more height by placing be bearers first.

Reply to
istyle_1

I'd phone a few timber merchants and ask if they have any pressure treated joists in stock. Some will stock something, some won't.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

You can get pressure-treated sawn 3x3 just about anywhere - would that do?

Reply to
Rob Morley

In message , Rob Morley writes

I used pressure, treated fence posts for mine (probably 3x3).

Reply to
chris French

Hi guys,

Many thanks for the replies. I will probably go for the pressure treated fence post idea. This may sound like a daft question but is there any way of telling if they are pressure treated or not?

Cheers

chris French wrote:

Reply to
istyle_1