base for new shed

Hello,

I'm soon going to be building a 4m X 4m Vudas Devon "log cabin". I've put down a concrete base and the shed comes with pressure treated bearers for the base (on to which the floorboards will be fitted). The instructions have the bearers installed in parallel, presumably so that air can circulate underneath the shed. If I install the bearers so that there is no air gap (basically, lay 4 bearers in a square, the rest in parallel) on top of a waterproof membrane, I can then add insulation under the floorboards. My question is will any benefit gained by having the insulation be lost by lack of air circulation.

Many thanks,

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

The visquene will eventually be a pool membrane. Even if you vent it that is going to be a temporary but recurring problem.

If you want the shed insulated from below, by all means put a layer of something on top of the bearers before adding the boards. Either thant or lay something on top of the floor boards afterwards.

Putting enclosed cavities under a shed is asking for pest infestation.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Many thanks for that, I had not considered things living underneath it...

Cheers,

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

There was a nest under the old rotten shed I have replaced with a stonking

12' x 10' on a concrete base (ordered off t'interweb [shed that is] - very good).

I am looking for:

a) plastic [coated] mesh to go round base to stop ingress of leaves rubbish, and vermin to the under shed area b) steel mesh to go over the insides of the plastic windows (that you can just punch out). Where do peeps here go for such stuff?

Reply to
Bob Mannix