Training film - electrical explosion

Years ago I recall seeing a film produced by CEGB I think where a fault was deliberately applied to a set of high voltage busbars in a grid switching station. The bars started to vibrate and under resonance the amplitude built up until the bars touched and spectacularly vapourised. An associated film showed an oil filled transformer exploding when the oil level fell due to simulated leakage without protection systems. Try as I might I can't find any references to track these films down through google. Anyone out there with any knowledge of them?

Reply to
cynic

"cynic" wrote

Think I've seen the one you mean, but don't have link. A friend of the family managed to do something similar with a meter lead. The arc continued long after the lead had vapourised apparently. This left him with serious burns to hand and face - lucky to survive some say.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Have a look at this old post from Mr Gabriel:

link at the bottom sounds like the exploding transformer one; not sure about the other links but they're still entertaining!

David

Reply to
Lobster

Reply to