Tradesmen - arrogance or ignorance

Recently had a kitchen extension and fit, More recently a bathroom.

Both lots of tradesmen did a decent job but did not refer to the instructions with the fittings I had chosen. With the bathroom the instructions were retrieved by me from the skip - still in their sealed plastic bag. Some things were missed or adjustements were not made. Parts left off - instructions not passed on to me. Good job I did some skip diving.

Reply to
John

I suspect its a rush to get to the next job that is at the heart of these things, gone are the days when the fitter could sit down and enjoy a cuppa wither the customer. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Most people I know (inc. myself) would be more than happy to pay a fair price for a good job, done professionally, even if more expensive than what the local cowboy charges.

Reply to
JoeJoe

JoeJoe snipped-for-privacy@mail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

All the paperwork put into a folder with the Tradesman's card would be a great selling point for repeat business and recommendations.

Reply to
John