Tradesman - Price markup on parts

It's not very good, but on the other hand it's much better than many others, e.g. the Toolstation search is truly awful.

Reply to
Chris Green

Although when "your" parts fail don't expect any "callback" privileges...

Reply to
Jimk

Was it a good deal?

Reply to
Jimk

Nice. If there were no coupon to use, would it still have been worthwhile cost-wise?

Reply to
Jimk

Funny how we are supposedly able to grade millions of students with an "algorithm" and yet can't appear to devise an even halfway decent search feature for online stores. By which I mean one that when you search for (say) an SSD drive, doesn't return a shed load of SSD holders that somehow manage to remain in the search at £4.99 when you set the price range to £50-100 (looks at Amazon). Mysteriously though, you can almost always sort by colour.

eBay also has the added fun of trying to exclude China-shipped items.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

The Ebay search option is the worst I ever use. But not helped by sellers putting 'not XXX' in their description so their product appears in your search for XXX.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I thought that the disposal fee was charged "on initial sale" (so you are pre-paying for it, and thus can't avoid paying it)

specifically to stop people saying, "don't bother to dispose of it, my mate has a good use for it" - and then dumping it in a hedge.

Reply to
tim...

I usually end up with:

XXX street London, London W1A 1AA

Reply to
tim...

and why not

is minimum wage numpty really expected to know that weird made up village name, doesn't exist?

There are plenty of weird village names that do

Reply to
tim...

which is the exact reason for them doing it

(usually in some hidden meta data)

Reply to
tim...

I've also noticed on LinkedIn a lot of MLM spivs have twigged that they can prefix their scams with "Work from home" or "remote" to appear in all listings.

The inablity of LinkedIn to deal with such incidents has been noted ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

As Divid Mitchell noted on QI in response to the question "Which of these placenames is made up ?"

"Er, aren't all placenames made up ?"

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Out of interest, have you ever got any work from LinkedIn? I joined it early on and never ever did. So rather pointless here.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I try to put Northampton in County as my address doen't use the County; Northamtonshire is in the address of a village of the same name 40-odd miles away.

Reply to
PeterC

It's descended into a morass of recruitment agencies and spivs, from my POV. However, it's one of those things that it doesn't do any harm to be on, if you know what you are doing.

I signed up in 2005 or 2006 - when it had promised. But then MS took over, so that was that.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

but they are Working from Home jobs

how could you possibly filter them out on that basis?

what's changed here is the greater demand for WFH amongst people looking for "normal" jobs. Not just people looking to make some money in between sitting at home childminding

Reply to
tim...

No they're not. They are invitiations to join a MLM scheme of some description. Made abundantly clear when you see the weasel words about average earnings etc etc.

Because they aren't jobs.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I thought initially it would be ideal for a freelance like me. Firms looking for last minute replacements, etc. But never ever saw anything of interest.

I got fed up with the incessant emails. And decided to leave it - and couldn't find out how. A sort of virtual Hotel California. Think I ended up kill filing them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

working from hone

what part of working from home do you not understand

but there are lots of dodgy working from home non-jobs that aren't MLM

tim

Reply to
tim...

What part of MLM don't you understand ?