towel radiators

Hi,

I'd like to fit a towel radiator, plumbed into the CH but also with an electric element so that in the summer I can warm the towels without having to switch on the CH.

Is it ok to plumb into the bottom of the radiator and to fit the element into the top? I would have thought the element would be best at the bottom because heat rises but there's no other place for it.

What element power rating should I go for?

Thanks,

Reply to
nospam

Plumb it in the bottom. You can get electric kits which have a connection for the CH pipe, eg

rating - go for the next size down than the nominal output of the radiator.

auctions

I never knew this, thank you very much.

Reply to
nospam

the same image opens up in a new window!!!

Reply to
Tony

Yup, I did that one one of mine. I find I don't bother using the eletric much since by the time it is warm enough to not want the CH, its usually soon too warm and you don't want the extra heat in the room from the electric element either! ;-)

The dual fuel elements are designed to slide into the bottom of the rad, and then allow a normal valve to attach to the side of them:

one of these on the element:

What element power rating should I go for?

Depends on how big the rad is. You don't need that much since you are only warming towels and not trying to heat the room.

Reply to
John Rumm

quite!! A real bug bear of mine, that is :-(

Reply to
Piers James