Towel radiator: To TRV or not to TRV? That is the question...

I am in the process of replacing the radiator in our en-suite with a towel radiator. I fully understand the issue of limited heat output, particularly when heaped up with towels, however its main purpose is to dry/warm the towels and any space heating is a bonus.

With this in mind what is the panels opinion on whether or not to fit a TRV? If the space heating is going to be limited then I imagine the TRV is not going to play much of a role hence for aesthetic benefit I am considering going without.

Any thoughts?

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

A TRV would serve little purpose and possibly be counter productive. I would go without on a small towel rad.

Reply to
John Rumm

I've got a fairly massive one and it gives out near zero heat when covered in towels so there'd be no point in having a TRV on it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Fnarr

Reply to
Steve Firth

Bang on cue. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks Dave, John - I'll go without.

Cheers,

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

In message , Mathew Newton writes

In part it might depend on the combination of bathroom and radiator.

In our old house I put a TRV on the rad (tall towel rad in a small bathroom) as it would get way to hot in their otherwise, even with towels on the rad.

Here in our current house, bigger bathroom, and the lack of a TRV isn't an issue.

Reply to
chris French

"Mathew Newton" wrote

Hope you've got a good extractor fan if you are using the bathroom for clothes drying

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

I fitted them, but have em turned up pretty high.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yeah, I recently fitted a centrifugal extractor which works very well

- and practically silently being loft mounted (inline)... Indeed when I first applied the power my heart sank for a moment as I couldn't understand why it apparently hadn't turned on!

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton