Totally OT Macbeth

Does anyone know somewhere showing a traditional production of Macbeth?

Google has failed me on this one.

Reply to
ARW

Try here

Scroll down to find the Scottish play.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Not the Globe in London anytime soon, unless you want it in Cantonese...

"macbeth tickets 2015"

turns up a few - but it's hard to tell which are "straight Shakespear" and which are adaptations.

Reply to
Tim Watts

One link there looks OK.

ARW

I tried that Google search before posting here. Great minds etc:-)

An amateur performance would be fine but would need to be local(ish) to me.

Reply to
ARW

I had no idea that you were such a cultured person. You always came across as being similar to myself. Rough, uncouth and vulgar.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Why would that prevent Adam from being interested in Macbeth? Who do you think went to see the plays wot Shakespeare wrote in the first place? There's plenty in them to appeal to the rough, uncouth and vulgar in us all...

Desmond Olivier Dingle

Reply to
jkn

Traditional and local suggests to me amateur is your best bet - and very possibly a school play at that (if schools these days allow anyone other than staff, vetted volunteers and parents/guardians to attend *and* allow talk of witchcraft - which can be a "sensitive topic" for multiculturalism).

If this is the result of the lad being involved in Shakespeare Week last week might a second-best way to maintain his interest be a DVD? There's a traditional BBC production - low budget "film of a play" production from 1983 which I didn't like but might be better than nothing. Or if a contemporary might work 'er indoors rated highly the production with Patrick Stweart. Either or both may well be available on loan from your public library. But do please be careful as I am told the BBC one at least is available in the commonly used, unlawful, DIY way :)

Reply to
Robin

Similar - but with big differences. I do not spend my time regassing fridges - that is a task best left to the monkeys.

Reply to
ARW

"And Pistol's c*ck is up!"

Henry V.

Yes, I did it for O Level English Lit. George Paxton - brilliant teacher

- spent the entire first lesson explaining the dodgy jokes (many are less obvious in modern day English than that one).

Reply to
Tim Watts

I left that trade 16 years ago Adam, please keep up.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Looking for a Birthday present for my Mum:-)

Reply to
ARW

Question is is she an obsessive handwasher or does she have two mates she would want to bring along?

Reply to
Clive George

You've had 16 years of retirement?

How time flies!

Reply to
Fredxxx

Well if all else fails you could always sit her down with a bag of crisps in front of the computer with

:)

The RSC are touring at the moment but with the comedies rather than the tragedies, and I've not seen them.

Reply to
Robin

No, they're touring with "The History of Comedy", which is *not* the same thing. A small nod to Shakespeare but it's not intended to be "the Shakespeare comedies".

I saw the show last week. I saw the original "Complete Works in 90 minutes" around 1989.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Sorry. My stupid assumption having seen only the title.

Reply to
Robin

Well worth seeing the show. I only had to travel 6 miles (it's in the theatre on campus right next to my department too!)

Saw the original in Edinburgh.

Reply to
Bob Eager

No.