TOT; Smoking Kangoo

The van is a place of work and TMH could be fined for smoking in his own van. The van smoking is OK though.

Reply to
Onetap

Not if he is the only person that uses the van.

I am not sure that the smoking rules apply to tradesmen anyway. I have worked in more houses and building sites where people are smoking than where smoking is banned.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Doesn't he just need to build a smoking shelter on the exterior of the van? I'm not even sure it'd need PP on a moving vehicle. Might get done for dangerous driving if trying to use it while on the move, though.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Probably out of offcuts from recent decking jobs?

Well it seems that I have hit a sore point then TMH - but I would suspect that what I have posted is rather true.

To reiterate, you were given some rather good advice on a newsgroup that exists to deal with problems such as yours (which by the way I refrained from commenting on - because for you, it was a sensible post for once) - and after receiving that information, posted here "Off Topic" for no particular reason other than to feed your over-inflated ego, just like a drama queen of old!

Now as for "what is clearly a very sad existance" (sic) - then you really should be looking to yourself first with many of the posts that you have made here in the past (and no doubt will continue to do so in the future).

By the way, I'm not really "attacking you" - I'm just occasionally giving you a small doses of your own medicine - and like all little prats, you don't like that and start whining when it happens!

Take it like a man - or in your own words - FOAD!

ROTFL

Reply to
Unbeliever

Not so Adam, I believe that there have been several cases of solo van drivers being fined for smoking at the wheel in such cases - the vehicle is classed as their place of work and falls within the law.

Now I wonder if that would apply to those die-hard smokers who drive the bare chassis's of lorries, busses and vans down the M6 to the vehicle body shops come under that law?

A very interesting legal interpretation this, and *if* there are any bona-fide lawyers lurking in this group who know the legal answer to this, could you respond with the facts (barrack room lawyers need not reply)?

IIRC, the "ban" does not apply to occupied houses where the owners/tenants allows workmen to smoke - as for building sites, I suspect that the council 'Gestapo's' seldom frequent these places to enforce the law, but I would suggest that smoking within the confines of a legally 'enclosed space' on such a site would constitute an offence.

Reply to
Unbeliever

Where does that idea come from? Why would a broken valve spring cause oil consumption, with no other obvious effects? Also, if a leaking head gasket, there would be either a leak somewhere on the block, or the oil would continue to go down whether it has been filled up or mearly empty, as well as there being an obvious continuous smoke from the exhaust.

Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

I suspect that what you have posted is your usual bollox. I wonder why you never contribute anything useful or positive around here?

I posted here f****it because I didn't find the advice I wanted. Hence the 'clue' in the first paragraph of my post - which you were too thick to notice.

I don't think anyone really wants your opinion anyway, since you are a well known troll.

I don't snipe at one individual person, not do I stalk them via Google Alerts to other forums so I can snipe again, I don't continually change my sig. I contribute in a positive way and have written two FAQ's.

Or in other words you are a complete f****it.

Definition; "A f*ck-wit is a individual with absolutely no wits or intelligence and tries to come off smart when really they are just a f*ck wit".

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Could say the same about you elsewhere.

Could say the same about you elsewhere.

If only your behaviour was consistent.

I would carry on ignoring you, but utter hypocrisy of your post deserves pointing out.

You're only getting what you give out. It's bad behaviour from "Unbeliever", and it's bad behaviour from you.

Reply to
Clive George

Agreed!

Agreed!

Well it is really - and as for his FAQ's they have probably been copied from what others have posted here!

If you call my "behaviour" bad at the moment, you ought to see what I can do when I'm really in the mood - I can get TMH "spitting blood"!

But I must admit I to winding the resident Drama Queen up like a top.

He has to learn to take it as well as give it...His reply will be along the usual predictable lines though! *EG*

Reply to
Unbeliever

The usual response I see! LOL BTW, at least I have a pair of "Bollocks" unlike the Drama Queen here.

The advice that you were given was in fact quite good - but you were really too ignorant to take it, or lacked the intelligence to actually digest it.

Trolls only exist in the fantasy land of the Medway - where you live I believe. ;-)

Not sure where you get that information from - but you are certainly rather paranoid!

And as for your FAQ's - big deal, they were probably taken from responses to your questions here.

As a matter of interest, I don't use google alerts, Google gathers far too much insidious information on the users of its service.

Nice to see that you appreciate my wit then!

Nice to see that you have portrayed yourself in the correct light TMH. ROTFL

Reply to
Unbeliever

Alas you can't. The situation is entirely different.

I'm afraid you can't. There is a fundemantal difference.

In case anyone cares, Clive is refering to a cyclists NG. I have a patholgical hatred of cyclists and I do indeed attack most of the posts & posters on that group robustly. I don't however target any one individual.

Please ignore me if you wish, but there is nothing hypocritical about my views on entirely different NG's.

As far as UK DIY is concerned my behaviour is consistantly positive, wheras "Unbeliever", "Tanner OP" or "Squared" or whatever he chooses to call himself is consistantly without any positive contribution.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Every case I have seen is in a vehicle that is used by other drivers or had a passenger. If TMH has exclusive use of the van, then like, me he can smoke in his van. eg

Now I wonder if that would apply to those die-hard smokers who drive the

I am sure that it is an offence, it is just that, as you say, the council do not enter such sites and enforce it. I also believe that it is an offence to smoke in a customers house even if the owners allowed you to.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth