Toilet design - national preferences

That's because stupid, repressed, embarrassed parents cannot bring themselves to explain what the body consists of -- like eyes, nose, mouth, ears, brain, throat, tummy, willy, arms, hands, fingers, legs, feet, toes, ....and in mummy's case, a vagina and a W-O-M-B ! There! You've managed to get that awful word out! Wasn't so bad, was it? Dab cold water on your face if it is still bright red with shame.

Yeah, like confusing him or her with toilet training, not eating with grubby fingers, watching out for traffic, and so on.

Never heard of books, have you?

Oh, sure! Look at the vast armies of repressed and intimidated children out there who have correctly had explained to them where babies grow. I really don't know how primary school teachers cope with all the terrible repression and intimidation. It is simply shocking that it's allowed to go on.

MM

Reply to
MM

Me, making things up? Yet you're part of the stupid crowd that wants to tell their child that babies grow inside mummy's tummy!

I'm "fixated", as you put it, because I get so angry when faced with such utterly obtuse flat-earth mentality as evidenced in this thread.

MM

Reply to
MM

Repressed, are we? Afraid of the effect that acres of *gasp* female flesh will have? Scared of showing a square inch of naughty flesh, are we?

Reply to
Tim Streater

You should go to your doctor about it and get it seen to. Obsessions are not healthy.

Reply to
Tim Streater

For quite small values of "posh" in some cases; the room carpet was soaked in raw sewage in one place.

Yep.

Reply to
Huge

Phew, it isn't just me. (Although, I actually quite like swimming, but not in the sea.)

I don't mind walking down an empty windswept beach in the autumn, but I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a spoon than go to one of the Costas or similar to lie on a beach, sweltering and uncomfortable.

Beach holidays are the most boring thing known to mankind.

Reply to
Huge

So, *you* will tell *your* toddler, who can just about understand that there is going to be another member in the fmily shortly, that Mummy and (Probably) Daddy had a fun time, and now there's a baby growing inside mummy in a special place, not forgetting *all* the gruesome details about how the baby's going to arrive? Oh, and by the way, that's how

*you* got here, too....

Or will you just tell the tot the simple version that they can understand, and leave the details until they matter? Balancing the knowledge you want to impart to a child's ability to understand is a skill.

Reply to
John Williamson

I'll see you there, then, since you seem to be re-visiting this thread a lot. Determined to get the last word, are you? I'd call that obsessive behaviour. You should go to your doctor about it and get it seen to. Obsessions are not healthy.

MM

Reply to
MM

Oh, it's YOU again!

MM

Reply to
MM

Especially anywhere around Britain, which still pumps raw effluent out to sea (not that far out, either) in some places.

Abso-ruddy-lutely.

The only thing nice about them is leaving early and going into the beautiful countryside.

MM

Reply to
MM

Carpet? Posh... And what do you expect when importing forgien toilet technology to China. B-)

The one or two times I stayed in "western" hotel in China they were the grubbiest and least looked after. OK the "traveler" places where basic with vinly tile floors, cheap but functional furnishings but they were clean and tidy.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

*grin*

The White Swan in Shanghai was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.

OTOH, the Hubin in Xian (the aforementioned place with soggy carpets) the worst.

Reply to
Huge

being

Aye, I blame the Victorians, at it like rabbits behind closed doors but in public... bathing machines, one peice covers nearly every thing costumes.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I don't think you do know what and where the tummy is, because it's actually a rather vague word.

If I were to insert the missing "not" (my fault), would that make a difference? The tummy is not just the stomach. Indeed ask most people to point to their tummy, and they'll point to somewhere else.

Reply to
Clive George

Playing at civil engineering renders a beach visit more fun IME. But it is some years since I spent more than an hour or so on a beach, so take that with however much salt is necessary.

Reply to
Clive George

Huge :

Agreed.

I'm pleased that that's not true for most people. If they're roasting on the beach, they're not where I am.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Yes. You need a small flow of water going to the sea, and a couple of small children to whom you can introduce concepts such as erosion, ox-bow lakes, and so on.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Excellent point, and I agree completely.

Reply to
Huge

If only you (and others here) could be bothered to check out some of the excellent books for kids on the subject (search on Amazon), you can be spared any embarrassment. Many of them have cartoon-style pictures for even young children to look at, designed by authors and illustrators who are obviously far more clued up than the closed minds I am seeing in this thread. Maybe this is the reason why the UK has such a problem with teenage and underage mothers and STIs. Maybe many young girls have their first period and think they're bleeding to death due to lack of information.

MM

Reply to
MM

But not where babies come from...