Today was not a good day to fit outside lights at Tescos in York:-(

Anyone else noticed the rain and flooded roads? York was not too bad but the onward journey was a bugger when I got to Thorne.

Mind you it was only three 500W £5 a go PIR halogens that I fitted. Now that it's dark I expect that at least one of the lamps will have failed. It will cost them more to replace the lamps than fit proper lights.

Reply to
ARW

Especially if they use Tesco Lightbulbs - have you seen how much they charge - must be in the distress purchase at 10pm on a Saturday night category.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Well somebody has to pay for the 'special offer' of 10p a litre off their fuel (as per a thread some way below this one)- and it isn't going to be the company!

Reply to
Unbeliever

Never mind Tescos. Had to go to Maplins yesterday. Noted they had bog standard 13 Amp plug to kettle leads in there for £9.99 Quid..

Even RS aren't that expensive....

Reply to
tony sayer

I have a box full of them. I always save them when I chuck an old appliance out.

Reply to
harry

Well I wasn't in there after those, having like U a crate of them here;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

Following that Tandy road map perhaps...

Reply to
John Rumm

They breed. I have abox too. Now I have a bigger box in the shed as well.

Reply to
Bob Eager

We could have a competition to see who has the most

Reply to
newshound

Not sure I'd win that. I did go to a company down in Sussex who were a kind of permanent hardware 'boot sale' and bought a large box of the things, not realising that I was already accumulating plenty. But bought three servers and they all came with mains cable I won't use (and with cable with two pin plugs as well).

Reply to
Bob Eager