Cannot remember that but I do recall a demonstration of some water
repellant sprayed liberally into an electric drill.
It may not have been T/World and the demonstration was not undertaken
by a TV presenter. They looked on while the chap demonstrating the
product held the drill running underwater in an aquarium.It did not
have any fish in it.
Not a good idea. Many years ago a mate of mine added an ELCB to his house
wiring and decided to test it by sticking his finger on a live wire.
Nothing happened, no shock, no trip. Realising he was wearing rubber soled
shoes and standing on a thick pile carpet he thought he'd need to earth
himself as well so he touched a water pipe with his other hand. He
recovered to find himself halfway across the room after the ELCB had
Contrary to some people's impressions an RCD won't stop you from getting a
nasty electric shock if you touch a live wire, but it'll (probably) turn
the power off before it kills you.
I remember the electric drill demonstration also. I'm sure it was
Tomorrows World which I used to watch regularly. I remember being
absolutely amazed and still cannot understand how the "water
repellant", if that's what it was, worked, and why it was never
developed commercially. Does anyone have any ideas?