To fold or not to fold

Hi, I'm going to be wiring quite a few mains double-sockets shortly. All of them are simply on a ring, with one having a spur. Question is, if there are only two wires entering each terminal, should they be folded back to give a better purchase - or does it? So many opinions elsewhere, so I thought I'd ask the greatest minds. Ta.

Reply to
Grumps

If it is a single wire (like the end of a spur or radial) then I would normally do a fold. For two or more wires, I don't. (and I don't twist them together either generally, since that makes the job of someone testing later much harder)

Reply to
John Rumm

Depending on the manufacturer/brand of the socket you may find two off folded wires will be difficult to fit.

Reply to
alan_m

Don't fold, don't twist, where there are two or more, where there is just one, fold.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq