Tips on moving a sectional garage

Hi

I've got a concrete sectional garage only it dominates the back garden and I want to take it down, reduce it in length and width by removing panels and then re-erect it in a different place. Before I start laying a new concrete base, any tips on taking one of these things down? It's a Prestige garage (based in Stockport) and the panels are

2m x 60cm. It has an apex roof and Henderson up and over door. Tips anyone?
Reply to
richardturner.99

It happens that snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com formulated :

Your biggest problem might be the roof. I assume the roof is supported by steel framing and this will need to be re-adjusted. Be aware that those concrete panels are very heavy. Method is to remove sides working towards a corner, so that the two panels forming the corner keep it vertical until the last moment. When reassembling you start from the corner.

Is it an asbestos roof?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

reduce it in width to some extent. Yes, the roof is asbestos.. is it difficult or impossible to cut down? If it means buying new roofing, so be it

Reply to
richardturner.99

snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com expressed precisely :

It cuts easily enough, but it is the health and safety risks of doing so. It is cement asbestos sheet, the lowest risk type of asbestos so I understand. Fine if undisturbed, but there are issues with cutting or drilling it.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

The panels are very very heavy on the two I've taken down and moved.

First one was that heavy we ended up lowering them with an engine crane and moving them with that. Second one had better access so could just lower those by hand onto a pallet truck and move them that way.

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

When my 30ft x 12ft was delivered, the lad humped everything off the back of the lorry and 60yds to the back garden all by himself and by hand. A big lad he was. When he was done I asked was that it for the day. He said no, he had 6 more to deliver. He said he slept well at night.

Mike E

Reply to
MJ