Time for a new microwave - any views?

We have two combination microwave grill ovens. One is a Sharp professional model, built out of girders, stainless steel girders. The other a Belling domestic model. The grill element gets used in both, a lot. The Sharp has a programme to cook up to four full English brekkies at a time that makes good use if the grill, also roast potatoes and roast chicken.

If all you do with a microwave is heat TV dinners then no use at all. If you like your meat browner and potatoes with crispy bits then essential.

Reply to
Steve Firth

A bit OT but I wonder how long before we can replace our old Toshiba ER 672 microwave (circa 1981). It resolutely refuses to die or need any repairs. It's been stolen once and recovered from a building site (back in the days when a microwave was worth stealing) but still soldiers on.

It has, IMO, the best timer control that combines pushing in & turning for fine and coarse time setting. At only 650W it's a bit puny by today's standard but on the plus side, it makes a proper "ding" sound, none of this 'orrible electonic beeping. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

I have had 2 microwaves .. first lasted 15 years ... 2nd still going well ... both Panasonics .... they do well in reviews.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

oops forgot to add , never used grill element, have a full grill on cooker so never had any need.

Reply to
Rick Hughes