Time based padlock?

Has anyone any idea if a product exists that can lock a bag or cupboard or zip and open at a set time?

Ta peeps

Steve

Reply to
Mr Sandman

No idea, but going back, when bank safes were quite the thing, most banks had *big* signs stating that they could not be opened out of working hours.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Commercial time based systems are going to be seriously complicated, having to deal with all of the problems of the power being disconnected (with both protection against false positives and false negatives).

A simple stand alone system is never going to be capable of that (and it could be that without it the product becomes useless and therefore doesn't exist)

Reply to
tim...

I have no idea if the systems actually worked :)

But signs are cheap ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Is this thread supposed to be a wind-up ?

Google "timer padlock" and hey presto first link

michael adams

michael adams

t-email.me...

ving to deal

tection against

t could be that

Why just because wodeny is invilved ;-)

Not what the OP is looking for but I did find this bluetooth padlock for £60 ! which I might have a use for.

AzEAQYASABEgIog_D_BwE

adlock

Reply to
whisky-dave

Ah, Bluetooth. When it is good, it is very very good. When it is bad it is horrid.

Bought a Samsung soundbar on Sunday for the Samsung TV bought last year (which refused to play with the old Panasonic soundbar).

No wires between woofer and soundbar, they pair up automatically. Great improvement on the Pany which had wires everywhere. Switch on TV. Set soundbar to Bluetooth, it says "Pairing". Switch TV to bluetooth audio, it just sits there offering a big "Close" button.

Reply to
newshound

Bookies used to have them.

Reply to
dennis

I brought the cheapest of the LG range from Argos and it's worked fine for over a year I can even use it with my ipad and iphone.

they pair up automatically. Great

The only annoying thing is that it turn on whenever I switch the TV on. So it mostly remains uplugged from the mains until wanted.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I've got an activity band that pairs nicely with an iPhone

but just sits there waiting when I try to pair with my Android tab

tim

Reply to
tim...

If not it should. Be very handy for all sorts of things I think. Medication, and I can think of several other uses. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Hmm a bit defeatist. With modern radio clock setting and easy battery operation, you only need to make it stay locked with or without the battery, and protect the lock part fully, no matter who tries to smash the electronic part.

Could be very handy for civilian arrests. You could capture your burglar and chain him to something solid while you go and fetch a constabule, as no doubt it might take some time to find one these days. Saves you shooting the miscreant. Of course you could design a blue tooth override but just in case you could not get a law person in time, the lock would release the felon before he starved to death. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Some American company used to sell, for what reason i could not say, a time release set of handcuffs. I will say nothing more. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Is lockpicking that dead ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Really? I built one for myself using a Raspberry Pi as an embedded processor (I'd have used an Arduino if I'd done a little more homework, but that's another matter. Maybe not suitable for commercial purposes, but for my requirements, just fine. Never had an issue with it in the 6 years it's been up and running.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Doesn't quite seem to work the way the O/P wants

Reply to
Andy Burns

Siri ... unlock the pink furry smart-handcuffs

What's the safeword?

Rosebud

Sorry, I didn't hear that, what's the safeword ..

repeat etc

Reply to
Andy Burns

I?ve noticed before in postings of yours over the years that you seem to have knowledge of such matters. Is that why you are now blind?

GH

Reply to
Marland