tiling onto ply

I will be tiling a shower. The stud walls are clad with waterproof ply. Can I tile directly onto this, and if so do I need a special tile adhesive (latex?)

Thanks

Alasdair

Reply to
Alasdair

I've just done this, using ordinary tile adhesive. I PVAed the ply beforehand.

Reply to
Grunff

yes you can, and I would advise a thickish layer of flexible cement, and maybe something more substantial in the way of grout. Flexing and waterproofing of the grout are the main areas to deal with.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher