Tiling ?

I have used a batten and tiled upwards, I now need to remove the batten and put one row tiles downward, which will result in half a tile behind the bath when fitted.

My problem is the wall tapers away below bath level making fixing a batten very difficult, at least 4/ 5ths of the tile will be on a flat surface how can I stop them sliding down whilst the adhesive sets.

Reply to
Richard

Just tap a nail into the wall ... it only has to go in a few mm to stop tile sliding.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Mark out your straight line and then use a row of small nails, don't drive them all the way home. You can remove them just before the adhesive cures solid.

Reply to
timfy

Depending on the thickness of the adhesive, they tend not to slide far, and only for half an hour or so. If you push them back up every now and again, they eventually stop. You may find taping them to the tile above would be sufficient. If you stretch masking tape slightly as you put it on, it should exert enough upwards pressure. Not sure how well it would stick to tiles though.

Reply to
stuart noble