Threshold strips

My house was built with a hall floor laid with red mahogany type hardwood. I would like to resurrect this floor. Unfortunately the floor does not exte nd far enough into the doorways and the join with the ordinary pine floorbo ards are visible when the doors are shut. I think that there was originally threshold strips about 80mm wide covering these joins. They were probably removed and discarded when carpet was fitted. The architraves are all cut a t the bottom to accommodate a strip of wood.

I have been unable to source suitable hardwood strips either wide enough =>80mm or thin enough

Reply to
rhbashford

check out other woods like Iroko.

If you want mahogany at 100mm widths and thin go to a model suppliers

e.g.

1/2" x 4".

You may need to ask specially if you want it longer than 36" though.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have been unable to source suitable hardwood strips either wide enough =>80mm or thin enough

Reply to
harryagain

Reply to
Tim Watts

. I would like to resurrect this floor. Unfortunately the floor does not ex tend far enough into the doorways and the join with the ordinary pine floor boards are visible when the doors are shut. I think that there was original ly threshold strips about 80mm wide covering these joins. They were probabl y removed and discarded when carpet was fitted. The architraves are all cut at the bottom to accommodate a strip of wood.

=>80mm or thin enough

hout success.

Thans for your replies the model supplies suggestion from the Natural Philo sopher seems to be a likely source.

Reply to
rhbashford